Our team studied on 45493 reviews available online for Ice Axe, chose the finest ones and prepared Ice Axe Reviews for you. It was very difficult to shortlist the ideal Ice Axe from thousands of products online. However, We tried to make sure that you get only the Best Ice Axe from our suggestions. Check our listings-:
|1||Lightweight Grivel GZERO Ice Axe 74 for Classical Alpinism||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Ito Rocky Pro Beak Ice Axe - Anodized Gray||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|3||Grivel Nepal S.A. ice pick 66 cm||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Black Diamond Equipment - Raven Ice Axe - 65 cm||9||Buy On Amazon|
|5||CAMP Neve Ice Axe - 73cm||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|6||PETZL - MARTEAU, Hammer for Ice Axes||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|7||PETZL - Glacier LITERIDE||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Singing Rock Bandit Ice Tool One Color||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|9||PETZL Summit ice Axe 59 cm U1359||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||PETZL - Ride, Compact||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
- Comparison Chart for Best Ice Axe
- Table Of Content:
- 1. Lightweight Grivel GZERO Ice Axe 74 for Classical Alpinism
- 2. Ito Rocky Pro Beak Ice Axe – Anodized Gray
- 3. Grivel Nepal S.A. ice pick 66 cm
- 4. Black Diamond Equipment – Raven Ice Axe – 65 cm
- 5. CAMP Neve Ice Axe – 73cm
- 6. PETZL – MARTEAU
- 7. PETZL – Glacier LITE RIDE
- 8. Singing Rock Bandit Ice Tool One Color
- 9. PETZL Summit ice Axe 59 cm U1359
- 10. PETZL – Ride
- Ice Axe Buying Guide
Comparison Chart for Best Ice Axe
We found 45493 reviews when researching. We have considered users feedback on the Ice Axe and our suggestions includes only the finest of them in this article.
Table Of Content:
- Lightweight Grivel GZERO Ice Axe 74 for Classical Alpinism, Black
- Ito Rocky Pro Beak Ice Axe Anodized Gray
- Grivel Nepal S.A. ice pick 66 cm, with Long Leash red/black
- Black Diamond Equipment Raven Ice Axe 65 cm
- CAMP Neve Ice Axe 73cm
- PETZL MARTEAU, Hammer for Ice Axes
- PETZL Glacier LITERIDE, Lightweight Ice Axe for Skiing on Glaciers
- Singing Rock Bandit Ice Tool One Color, Hammer
- PETZL Summit ice Axe 59 cm U1359
- PETZL Ride, Compact, Ultralight Ice Axe for Ski Touring and Freeriding
Now, we are going to discuss in the Top 10 Best ice axe – Review & Guide 2022
1. Lightweight Grivel GZERO Ice Axe 74 for Classical Alpinism
- A new generation of the walking axe.
- The pick is classically neutral with an ergonomic design that remains comfortable after hours of climbing.
- The brand insulating removable ergonomic blade coverlets the user firmly grip the axe by the head without risk of injury.
- It also protects the hand from contact with cold metal, especially in low temperatures and high altitudes expeditions.
- The perfect tool to discover the mountains with added safety and comfort.
- CE Certified B Rated; Carbon Steel Blade; Weight 66cm: 425 grams / 15 oz.
2. Ito Rocky Pro Beak Ice Axe – Anodized Gray
- Straight shafts are ideal for general mountaineering because they let you use the axe as a supportive cane on low-angle terrain and they plunge cleanly into the snow when you need to self-belay or use the axe as an anchor.
- The head part of the pick offers an excellent grip engineered for secure self-arresting.
- Investment-cast, Both the head and spike of the Beak Ice Axe are equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling.
3. Grivel Nepal S.A. ice pick 66 cm
- Material: [pick] steel, [shaft] aluminum
- Length: 58cm, 66cm, 74cm
- Leash Included: yes
- Claimed Weight: 1lb 0.9oz
- Recommended Use: ice climbing, mountaineering
4. Black Diamond Equipment – Raven Ice Axe – 65 cm
- Durable, trapezoidal cross-section, aircraft-grade aluminum shaft
- Investment-cast, one-piece stainless-steel head with a large hole for a carabiner
- Pick’s curve and teeth engineered for secure self-arresting
- CEN-B certified
Read also: Best Plein Air Pochade box
Top 10 Best Epoxy Glue For Plastic
5. CAMP Neve Ice Axe – 73cm
- General Mountaineering
- Forged Chromoly steel pick and adze
- Carabiner holes at head and spike
- Symmetric steel spike plunges smoothly
- Equipped with the sliding leash
6. PETZL – MARTEAU
- COMPATIBILITY: The MARTEAU hammer is compatible with Petzl’s QUARK, NOMIC, and ERGO ice axes.
- PURPOSE: The MARTEAU hammer is attached to your ice axe and used to place pitons.
- DESIGN: The trapezoidal shape of the contact surface is specifically designed for ice climbing axes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: The MARTEAU weighs only 58 grams.
- DURABLE: The MARTEAU hammer is made from strong and durable steel.
7. PETZL – Glacier LITE RIDE
- HIGH QUALITY: The GLACIER LITERIDE’s high-quality steel pick is identical to technical ice axe picks.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing in at only 320 grams, the GLACIER LITE RIDE won’t weigh you down on long treks and climbs.
- COMPACT: The GLACIER LITE RIDE is only 50 cm in length, allowing for easy transportation when attached to your pack.
- EASY TO USE: This ice axe features a handle cut into the shaft that provides you a better grip when technical ice climbing.
- EXTRAS: Both the head and spike of the GLACIER LITE RIDE are equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling.
8. Singing Rock Bandit Ice Tool One Color
- Material: [pick] Chromoly steel, [head, spike, and shaft] aluminum alloy, [grip] dual-density plastic.
- Length: 20in
- Rating: T
- Claimed Weight: 1lb 6oz
- Recommended Use: ice climbing, mountaineering
9. PETZL Summit ice Axe 59 cm U1359
- Classic modern mountaineering ice axe
10. PETZL – Ride
- HIGHLY TECHNICAL: The RIDE’s steelhead offers the same performance as a classic axe.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing in at only 240 grams, the RIDE won’t weigh you down on long treks and climbs.
- COMPACT: The RIDE is only 45 cm in length and has a beveled spike, allowing for easy storage inside your pack and reduced risk of injury when attached to the outside of your pack.
- EASY TO USE: The curved shaft and machined grip make this axe easy to handle during climbs.
- COMPATIBILITY: The RIDE ice axe is compatible with Petzl’s PICK AND SPIKE PROTECTION protectors and the LINKIN leash.
Ice Axe Buying GuideDoes the thought of finding a great Ice Axe stress you out? Has your mind been juggling between choices when it comes to buying Ice Axe in general, specifically regarding which model to choose?If that’s the case, know that you’re not alone. Many people find it tough to buy the perfect Ice Axe for themselves. We understand the stress associated with the buying process!Since you’re here, you are obviously curious about Ice Axe Reviews. You’ve been bombarded with information, so you need to find a reputable source with credible options before you make any decisions on which product would be best for your needs.There are many sources that’ll provide you with that information- buying guides or ratings websites, word-of-mouth testimonials from friends or family members, online forums where users share their personal experiences, product reviews specifically found all over the internet and YouTube channels. Only thorough research will ensure that you get the right product.But that’s not always easy, right? That's why we've taken time to compile a list of the best Ice Axe in today's market, on your behalf, so that there will be no more worries for you.How did we come up with the list, you ask? How did we create this buying guide?
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Ice Axe currently on the market!
- Brand Value: What happens when you go for a not-so-reputable brand just because the price seems cheap? Well, the chance of getting a short-lasting product goes higher. That’s because the renowned brands have a reputation to maintain, others don’t.
- Features: You don’t need heaps of features, but useful ones. We look at the features that matter and choose the top Ice Axe based on that.
- Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products of higher specifications, but with the right balance.
- Customer Ratings: The hundreds of customers using the Ice Axe before you won’t say wrong, would they? Better ratings mean better service experienced by a good number of people.
- Customer Reviews: Like ratings, customer reviews give you actual and trustworthy information, coming from real-world consumers about the Ice Axe they used.
- Seller Rank: Now, this is interesting! You don’t just need a good Ice Axe, you need a product that is trendy and growing in sales. It serves two objectives. Firstly, the growing number of users indicates the product is good. Secondly, the manufacturers will hopefully provide better quality and after-sales service because of that growing number.
- Value For The Money: They say you get what you pay for. Cheap isn’t always good. But that doesn’t mean splashing tons of money on a flashy but underserving product is good either. We try to measure how much value for the money you can get from your Ice Axe before putting them on the list.
- Durability: Durability and reliability go hand to hand. A robust and durable Ice Axe will serve you for months and years to come.
- Availability: Products come and go, new products take the place of the old ones. Probably some new features were added, some necessary modifications were done. What’s the point of using a supposedly good Ice Axe if that’s no longer continued by the manufacturer? We try to feature products that are up-to-date and sold by at least one reliable seller, if not several.
- Negative Ratings: Yes, we take that into consideration too! When we pick the top rated Ice Axe on the market, the products that got mostly negative ratings get filtered and discarded.