If you’re having issues with your Wyze camera, one of the first things you can try is to power cycle the device. This is accomplished by turning it off and then on. Here’s a guide that shows you how to accomplish it:
- Locate the power cable for your Wyze camera.
- Unplug the power cable from the camera.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Put the camera’s power cord back in.
- Turn on the camera. After following these steps, your Wyze camera should be working properly again.
If you’re still having issues, please contact Wyze support for further assistance.
What is power cycling?
When your Wyze Cam isn’t working as it should, power cycling can help. Power cycling is when you turn off your Wyze Cam and then turn it back on. Do you know How To Flip Camera On Omegle IPhone? Don’t be sad you’ll get the here details. This clears any temporary data or settings that may be causing issues with your Wyze Cam.
To power cycle your Wyze Cam:
1. Unplug the power cable from the back of your Wyze Cam.
2. Wait 10 seconds.
3. Plug the power cable back into the back of your Wyze Cam.
4. Wait for your Wyze Cam to restart, which can take up to 1 minute. Your Wyze Cam will now go through its startup sequence and be ready to use again.
Why would you power cycle a Wyze camera?
If your Wyze camera is having issues, power cycling the camera may resolve the issue. Power cycling is turning off the power in the device and then turning it back on. You would power cycle a Wyze camera if it was:
-Not Responding to Commands
-Has a Flashing Blue Light
-The Live Stream is Frozen
-Image Appears Dark or Distorted
How do I power cycle my indoor Wyze camera?
If your Wyze Camera is unresponsive or behaving strangely, you may need to power cycle the device. You can do this by unplugging the camera from its power source, then waiting a few seconds and plugging it back in. You should see the LED light on the front of the camera blink a few times as it powers on. If your camera is still not responding, you may need to reset it.
How to power cycle Wyze camera v3
To power cycle your Wyze Camera v3, follow these steps:
- Locate the power cord for your camera and unplug it from the outlet or power strip.
- Wait a few seconds,
- and then plug the power cord back in.
- Wait for the camera to fully boot up, which may take a few minutes.
Once the camera is back online, you should be able to access it through the Wyze app or your web browser as usual.
voice prompt saying “Please wait while I boot up” or see a blue LED light on the front of the camera (this can take up to 1 minute).
5. Release the setup button when you hear the voice prompt or see the blue LED light. Your Wyze Camera v3 is now powered on and ready to use.
How to power cycle Wyze camera v2?
If your Wyze Camera v2 isn’t working as expected, you can try power cycling the camera. This can sometimes resolve issues with the camera.
To power cycle your Wyze Camera v2:
1. Remove the camera from its mount.
2. Turn off the camera by holding down the button on the back of the camera for 3 seconds. The LED will turn red when the camera is turned off.
3. Wait 1 minute.
4. Turn on the camera by holding down the button on the back of the camera for 3 seconds. The LED will turn blue when the camera is turned on.
5. Place the camera back in its mount and wait for it to reconnect to your network (about 30 seconds).
What to do if power cycling doesn’t work
If power cycling your Wyze Camera doesn’t work, there are a few other things you can try:
1. Restart your router: This will often clear up any issues with your camera’s connection.
2. Update your camera firmware: Outdated firmware can sometimes cause issues. Make sure you’re running the latest version by checking the Wyze app.
3. Replace the power adapter: If you’re using the included power adapter, try replacing it with a different one. Sometimes adapters can go bad and cause problems.
4. Contact Wyze Support: If you’ve tried all of the above and your camera still isn’t working properly, reach out to Wyze Support for help.
Wyze camera troubleshooting tips
If your Wyze Camera isn’t working as expected, try power cycling the device. This will reset the camera and may fix the problem.
To power cycle your Wyze Camera:
1. Unplug the power cable from the camera.
2. Wait 10 seconds.
3. Plug the power cable back into the camera.
4. Wait for the camera to boot up (about 1 minute).
If power cycling doesn’t fix your issue, please contact Wyze Support for further assistance.
Anytime you see error 90, you can resolve it by restarting Wyze Cam.
An issue with the camera’s and Wyze servers’ communication is indicated by error number 90.
Simply unplug the appliance from the wall outlet to achieve this.
Alternately, set the power switch on the device back to the OFF position.