If you’re planning to quilt regularly, you must purchase the best sewing machine for free motion quilting. It will manage you all the required privileges to carry on quilting with much enthusiasm. You will find a good collection of sewing machines out there, but all these are not perfect for quilting. Hence, you must have sufficient experience in picking the ideal one.
If you’ve less knowledge about it, don’t be disappointed. Everything will be approachable to you after looking over this article. We’re going to talk about some classical machines to make your sewig journey beneficial. Let’s look forward!
Table Of Content:
We’ve put together all the products in the following table. You can look at the table to find a particular one in less time.
- 7 Best Sewing Machines For Free Motion Quilting Reviews 2021
- 1. Janome Memory Craft Horizon 8200 QCP Special Edition Computerized Sewing Machine
- 2. Janome MC6650 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 3. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 4. Brother PQ1500SL Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 5. SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
- 6. Heureux Sewing Machine Computerized and Quilting Z6
- 7. Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- What Is The Difference Between A Quilting Sewing Machine And A Regular Sewing Machine?
- Why Should You Buy A Sewing Machine For Free Motion Quilting?
- Final Verdict
If you want to comprehend the comparison of the chosen products, you can scan the following chart.
Janome Memory Craft Horizon 8200 QCP Special Edition Computerized Sewing Machine
Janome MC6650 Sewing and Quilting Machine
Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
Brother PQ1500SL Sewing and Quilting Machine
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
Heureux Sewing Machine Computerized and Quilting Z6
Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
7 Best Sewing Machines For Free Motion Quilting Reviews 2021
It’s time to discuss all the best sewing machine for free motion quilting. You must stick here to approach the right sewing machine.
1. Janome Memory Craft Horizon 8200 QCP Special Edition Computerized Sewing Machine
This efficient and quality sewing machine is inevitable for you if you love sewing full time. The built-in feeding system will allow superior feeding in both the top and bottom layers of fabric. You could sew up to 9mm in width through this advanced machine. The built-in needle threader will let you put it down and place it in the hook at ease. With the attachment of numerous stitches, sturdy sewing feet, and two fonts, it seems perfect for professional use.
The inclusion of the control panel and LCD panel makes it genuinely beneficial. To manage you a single round straight stitch holes, it comes with a straight stitch plate. The black roller accessory trolley case, black semi-hard machine cover, and storage pocket put it high in demand for all sensible users. As it features an easy to use bobbin system, you will find extraordinary comfort in dealing with it.
Moreover, the accurate tension thread control system and specialized buttonhole styles will make your sewing session enjoyable. It has been the top pick around the world due to the addition of a large spool holder, quilter bar, spool stand, seam ripper, and many more accessories. You can choose this good sewing machine for quilting on the first attempt to make your quilting projects successful.
Janome Memory Features:
- This machine is perfect for delicate fabric and large quilts as it allows feeding in both layers.
- It provides up to 9mm stitch width and includes excellent sewing feet for the best support.
- The straight stitch plate confirms the ultimate stitching precision, and the control panel makes it easy to navigate.
- With the addition of an incredible amount of accessories and various buttonhole styles, it has been ideal for all.
- You will find the best comfort through its built-in needle threading system.
2. Janome MC6650 Sewing and Quilting Machine
As you’re passionate about sewing, you can pick this standard one to enhance your working efficiency. It comes with 10 inches seamless flatbed to provide you with an excellent workspace to handle large projects. The favorite stitch setting system will allow you to set the preferred option when you turn the machine on. Besides, you will have fingerprint control on stitching by dint of its start/stop button.
As it includes up to 170 stitches, you can keep on the quilting projects with no restriction. The one-push needle plate conversion system will make your sewing session comfortable. Up to 9mm stitch width and 1000 spm sewing speed will help you have a reliable working circumstance. Besides, you will get an incredible outcome through its automatic needle threading system.
It incorporates six LED lights in three different locations to brighten your working area. You can easily manipulate the bobbin system and toggle the memorized needle between up and down. Most notably, you can sew tough materials through it and carry it at ease. The removable knee lifter will make your sewing session thoroughly comfortable.
Janome MC6650 Features:
- This sewing machine is perfect for executing both large and small projects with much precision.
- The favorite stitch setting option and start/stop button system manages optimal comfort in sewing.
- It includes two needle plates with a one-push conversion system and 170 stitches.
- With the arrangement of six LED light and needle threader, it has been advantageous to all.
- You will find around 1000 spm sewing speed and ease in carrying through it.
3. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
All the professional users love to use it to find a smooth and precise quilting experience. As it comes with 255 patterns, four fonts, and a good number of stitches, it seems more efficient than other traditional machines. You find easy pattern selection scope, edge sewing presser foot, open toe presser foot, and patchwork presser foot through it. It will also allow you to have an automatic and one finger needle threading from the seated position.
With the combination of various buttonholes styles and automatic thread trimming scope, it seems highly preferable to all. The addition of a walking foot for multiple sewing layers will enhance your working expertise significantly. It will also offer you a precise feeding system and instant needle stopping facility during the working session. Up to 900spm speed and exclusive bobbin winder will stimulate you to focus on sewing all day long.
Meanwhile, it includes two LED lights to enlighten your working area. To improve your quilting expertise, it features a durable quilting foot and quilt guide. It won’t make noise during the sewing and take little time to set up. Most surprisingly, you will have a larger working space than the average range through this exclusive one.
Juki HZL-F600 Features:
- This classic product comes with a large variety of stitches and patterns to make your sewing session productive.
- It offers automatic thread trimming and needle threading scope from the seated position.
- The precise feeding system, walking foot, and exclusive bobbin winder makes it favorable to all.
- With the arrangement of immediate needle stopping scope and LED lights, it seems the most demanding in the market.
- You will find maximum speed, quilting foot, and the ultimate guide for quilting projects through it.
4. Brother PQ1500SL Sewing and Quilting Machine
It will assure you of free motion quilting as it manages up to 1500 stitches per minute. You can execute sewing in less time and toil through its advanced needle threading system. The attached needle threader is jam-resistant, fast, and convenient. With the removable knee lifter, you could lift your presser foot with the knee to make your hands free.
As it comes with a broader table, you can execute both the small and large quilting projects with no hassle. The seven sewing feet and 7mm stitch width will expand your working capacity remarkably. Moreover, you will find a superior precision pin feeding system through this excellent machine. The push-button thread trimmer will give you extra support during the sewing period.
You could control maximum fabric through its four additional feed dog settings. The addition of an automatic thread cutter and the LED light will encourage you to stick to your jobs for a long time. Besides, you will get excellent efficiency through its full range foot pressure adjustment system. The durable design and quiet operation will bring an extraordinary outcome to you.
Brother PQ1500SL Features:
- This machine has 1500 stitches per minute sewing speed to deliver you spontaneous quilting advantage.
- It includes the needle threading scope and a knee lifter to aid you during the sewing session.
- An expansive table, seven sewing feet, additional feed dog settings, and LED light will improve your working efficiency.
- With the precision pin feeding system, you can sew a wide variety of fabric thicknesses at ease.
- You will find full range pressure adjustment and easy operating scope through this fantastic machine.
5. SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
If you’re a serious quilter, you can choose this computerized machine on the first attempt. It will offer you stretch, basic, and decorative stitches to fulfill your creative dreams. The automatic needle threading system makes it easy to use, whereas the knee lifter put it high in demand. With the arrangement of 13 built-in buttonhole styles, it has been the best home sewing machine for free motion quilting.
The stitch elongation and mirror imaging scope make it different from the typical machines. Up to 600 built-in stitches and 850 sewing speeds make it favorable to all. Moreover, it has been the first pick for professional use due to its five alphanumeric fonts and quiet operation. The inclusion of straight stitching foot, open toe foot, overcasting foot, button sewing foot, and so one puts it high in demand.
Furthermore, it always draws the attention of users through its one-touch stitch selection button. The electronic twin needle setting and the bobbin system increases the efficiency of this machine remarkably. It has been reliable due to its extensive table and heavy-duty metal frame as well.
- This product comes with an advanced design, heavy-duty frame, and wide table to give you optimal scope.
- The built-in needle threader and 13 buttonholes will make your quilting session productive.
- It features five stunning fonts, 600 built-in stitches, and numerous presser feet to assist you.
- Up to 850 sewing speed and a precision pin feeding system will accelerate working integrity.
- You will find mirror imaging, stitch elongation, and a cover through this fantastic product.
6. Heureux Sewing Machine Computerized and Quilting Z6
This is another high-profile machine with 200 sewing stitches and 100 alphanumeric fonts. It incorporates a total of eight styles of auto-size buttonholes to make your sewing campaign profitable. The inclusion of a drop-in top bobbin and automatic needle threader makes it the best sewing machine for free motion quilting. With the attachment of LCD and LED light, it has been the first choice for all.
It will deliver you extra-high sewing speed and an automatic clutch for bobbin winding. Moreover, the easy thread cutter, drop feed system, and various presser feet will aid you to keep on sewing for long hours. As it comes with a heavy-duty metal frame and powerful motor, you will get outstanding performance for a long time through it.
It has been perfect for quilting and dealing with heavyweight fabrics due to its advanced mechanism. The inclusion of seam ripper, extra spool pin, screwdriver, and other accessories put it high in demand. Most notably, twin needle function and quiet operation will make your quilling session memorable.
- This equipment is designed with an aluminum alloy metal frame to last long.
- The inclusion of a powerful motor, automatic buttonhole, and backlight LCD make it handy to all.
- It features 200 sewing stitches, a quick-set bobbin, and a portable handle to support you most.
- With the automatic needle threading system and easy thread cutter, you will find the best comfort in use.
- You will have various presser feet, a drop feed system, and superior sewing speed through it.
7. Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
It has been the most standard sewing machine for quilting and clothing with some advanced functions. You can accomplish both small and large projects with no issue as it comes with a broader table. The adjustable sewing speed and automatic needle threading system will make your quilting projects successful. With the addition of 55 built-in monogramming fonts, it has been the top pick for all professional users.
Besides, the eight buttonholes, push-button selector, and backlight LCD put it high in demand. You will find a super bright working area as it manages some LED lights. With the quick-set bobbin, you can quickly pull the thread through the slot to initiate sewing. A total of 130 sewing stitches make it approachable to all.
Meanwhile, it assembles various foot pressers, including quilting foot, zipper foot, overcasting foot, blind stitch foot, and so on to support you. The foot controller pedal, extra spool pin, and stitches flip-chart will be handy to you. Most notably, it will reduce your toil and save your time to make a quilt. Hence, you should go for it without any further hesitation.
Brother HC1850 Features:
- This machine features 130 stitches, 55 fonts, and eight buttonholes styles.
- The needle threader and quick-set bobbins will aid you most in sewing.
- It comes with a wider table, several presser feet, and a large LCD to bring the optimal outcome to you.
- With the simple pressing of a button, you can select stitches as per your desire.
- You will find noise-free operation and long-lasting assurance through this quality product.
What Is The Difference Between A Quilting Sewing Machine And A Regular Sewing Machine?
A quilting machine is also a kind of sewing machine. But it comes with some extra features and advantages. The most obvious difference is the workspace. A quilting machine generally deals with larger projects. Hence it comes with more space than a typical one to accomplish the tasks exquisitely.
Besides, it features a broader table and walking foot system to carry on its job. But a regular machine can keep doing without these features. On the other hand, a quilting machine has decorative stitches to make the projects fascinating. Maximum sewing speed and stability are needed for a machine than a regular one to execute quilting projects.
Why Should You Buy A Sewing Machine For Free Motion Quilting?
A sewing machine is capable of making cold-resistant, warming, and fashioned quilts. It comes with some advanced functionalities to perform such a difficult job. Here are some common reasons why you should purchase the best sewing machine for free motion quilting.
- A sewing machine will help you make a quilt with less toil and time through its powerful motor.
- It manages ample space to aid you in accomplishing larger quilting projects.
- You get maximum sewing speed and various presser feet through such a machine.
- With the arrangement of a pin feeding system and an accurate needle threading system, it will go through rigid materials.
- The inclusion of an LCD display, LED light, one-touch stitch selection system makes it perfect for quilting.
- It offers a maximum number of stitches, buttonhole styles, and fonts to make your work appreciating.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this phase, we’re going to reveal some additional information about a quilting machine. You can gather crucial queries from this frequently asked questions section.
What needle do you use for free motion quilting?
Various sharp needles are suitable for free motion quilting. The topstitch is one of those; you can pick it.
What stitch do you use for free-motion quilting?
Among all, the zigzag stitch seems much efficient for free motion quilting. You can try it on the first attempt.
Can any sewing machine do free motion quilting?
Yes, it’s possible to do quilting with any sewing machine. Except for the workspace, everything will be in favor of quilting.
Can a traditional sewing machine be used for free motion quilting?
Free motion quilting is just a kind of straight stitching. You can perform it with a traditional sewing machine.
As you’re switching to quilting, you must manage an efficient machine to perform your job precisely. You have already noticed some top-rated machines here; you can pick one of those right now. In our opinion, you should go for the Heureux Sewing Machine as it’s the best sewing machine for free motion quilting.
You will find maximum stitches, higher sewing speed, and ample workspace through it. Besides, the built-in needle threading system and numerous buttonhole styles will make your sewing campaign profitable. The SINGER Computerized Portable Sewing Machine can also be on your choice list since it comes with a powerful motor and heavy-duty steel frame.