A sewing machine is a handy tool for hobbyist people. If you’re that kind of person and interested in quilting, a sewing machine for quilting can be a desirable purchase for sure. Unfortunately, a good quality sewing machine offering superior performance will cost higher than you expect.
However, it is possible to get the Best Sewing Machine for Quilting Under $500. There is no need to purchase a sewing machine with endless functions for simple quilting projects. You just need a good machine that can help you sew quilts effectively and easily. Read this content thoroughly until the end to learn more and find the best one.
Table of Content:
Are you in a hurry yet desire to perceive the details described below? Then please check out our table of content section below.
- 7 Best Sewing Machine for Quilting Under $500 Reviews 2022
- 1. SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
- 2. Janome Industrial-Grade HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine
- 3. Brother SQ9285 150-Stitch Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine
- 4. SINGER Heavy Duty 4432 Sewing Machine
- 5. Janome Jem Gold 660 Lightweight Sewing Machine
- 6. Heureux Sewing Machine Computerized Sewing And Quilting
- 7. Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Why Should You Buy a Sewing Machine for Quilting?
We have brought some good sewing machines for quilting and compare them for you. Have a look at the comparison chart to make the best decision.
|Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Janome Industrial-Grade HD1000|| ||Check Price|
|Brother SQ9285 150-Stitch Computerized Sewing|| ||Check Price|
|SINGER Heavy Duty 4432 Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Janome Jem Gold 660 Lightweight Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Heureux Sewing Machine Computerized|| ||Check Price|
|Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine|| ||Check Price|
7 Best Sewing Machine for Quilting Under $500 Reviews 2022
Our expert team has done all the hard work for you and found some excellent sewing machines under your budget. When you have experts’ suggestions, it becomes easier to find out the Best Sewing Machine for quilting under $500. So take a look at these suggestions to pick the best machine for you.
1. SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
This SINGER Quantum quilting Machine is an excellent example of the best portable sewing machine for quilting under 500. It comes with 600 built-in stitches, including basic, stretch, and decorative so that you can enjoy different stitching styles for quilting. Besides, it offers five alphanumeric fonts to personalize your quilting projects.
With its digital screen, you can easily select any stitches with one touch. In addition to that, you have 13 built-in buttonholes along with mirror imaging and stitch elongation. Consequently, you can show more creativity with this machine. It offers a maximum of 850 stitches-per-minute sewing speed for fast quilting. Moreover, you have 13 presser feet for higher sewing capability.
Threading the needles is a real pain in the eye. It offers a built-in needle threader that threads the needle in seconds to eliminate the stress and pain. With its heavy-duty construction, it can handle a heavy workload, and you can expect more extended durability. You have an extension table as well that provides you with a larger quilting area for more comfortable work.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist Features
- The singer sewing machine offers 600 built-in stitches that allow you to create quilts with different styles.
- You have an easy-to-use smart display that lets you control the stitching with a single touch for less hassle.
- It offers a maximum of 850 stitches-per-minute sewing speed so that you can enjoy a fast working experience.
- You can get rid of threading the needle manually with its built-in automated needle threader to put less pressure on the eyes.
- Its heavy-duty construction easily handles tough work while ensuring a long service life for quilting.
2. Janome Industrial-Grade HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine
Janome Sewing Machine is another good sewing machine for quilting projects. It offers 14 stitches that allow you to create different stitching designs and styles in the quilt. You have a 4-Step buttonhole that lets you work on other projects as well. With its adjustable length and width, you can customize your stitching style easily.
You can choose this Janome sewing machine under $500 for its drop feed featuring 3-piece feed dogs. As a consequence, you will get free-motion sewing to sew at any angle you want. For quilting, this is a useful feature. You will have a free arm that will help you make cuffs and sleeves. With its Front-Loading Bobbin System, threading becomes a cup of tea for you.
Moreover, you will get an automatic needle threader that lets you thread the needle within seconds. It has an aluminum frame and outer body that ensures better performance and prolongs durability. Four presser feet are there to make your job easier as well. Apart from that, it features a hardcover to protect the machine from outer impact and dirt.
Janome Industrial Features
- It comes with 14 stitches and adjustable length and width so that you can customize your quilting project.
- You can sew at any angle for a better result with its drop feed, including 3-Piece Feed Dogs.
- The front-loading bobbin System with an automatic needle threader makes the needle threading incredibly easier.
- You will have a free arm and a 4-Step buttonhole that lets you use your sewing machine for other projects.
- Its aluminum frame and outer body handle a higher workload and ensure a long time service.
3. Brother SQ9285 150-Stitch Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine
This Computerized Quilting Machine by Brother is one of the top-rated sewing machines for beginners you should consider. With its 150 built-in stitches, you can easily create many beautiful decorative quilting stitches even if you are a beginner. Controlling the stitches are easier here of its easy to use push button. You have an automatic needle threader for even more convenience.
A large backlit LCD is there to see your stitches for more accuracy. It comes with 1-step buttonholes for eight styles to ensure even more versatility in work. Besides, you will get one font with 55 classical alphanumeric stitches that offer primary monogramming. Moreover, it offers free arm function so that you can easily sew sleeves or cuffs.
Apart from that, a wide table is there that will help you complete your quilting and other larger projects efficiently. With its bright LED lighting, you can smoothly work even in low light. You have the drop feed feature that lets you perform free motion quilting. Consequently, you can create your customized design and make your quilting more attractive.
Brother SQ9285 150 Features
- The Brother sewing machine offers 150 built-in stitches for a more creative and stylish stitching design.
- It comes with a backlit LCD screen that shows the stitching and lets you control it properly.
- You have a drop feed feature that ensures free-motion quilting so that you can stitch at any angle.
- It has a wide table and bright LED lighting that enable you to work on large projects, even in low light.
- You have 1-step buttonholes for eight styles and one font with 55 alphanumeric stitches for more versatility.
4. SINGER Heavy Duty 4432 Sewing Machine
SINGER 4432 Sewing Machine comes into the market with heavy-duty construction for added stability and long-lasting durability. It features more than 60 stitching systems and adjustable stitch lengths to show your creativity in the quilting project. With its all-purpose foot, you can even work with more convenience.
The pressure feet are adjustable as well to control the stitching. Besides, it offers a built-in reverse lever that ensures reverse sewing and reinforces your quilt stitches. You can get rid of the manual needle threading problem since it has an automatic built-in needle threader. Also, with its top drop-in bobbin, threading becomes easier.
You can work on different projects like cuffs, collars, pant hems with its built-in 1-step buttonhole and free arms. With its 60% stronger motor, you can enjoy a fast sewing experience with 1,100 stitches per minute. You can use this machine for quilting smoothly even if you’re new in this field since it comes with an edge/quilting guide.
SINGER 4432 Features
- The motor is 60% stronger and offers 60 stitches per minute speed to complete your project fast.
- It offers an all-purpose foot with adjustable pressure to control the pressure and get the best result.
- You have a drop-in bobbin for easier threading where its automatic built-in needle threader removes the need for manual threading.
- It comes with a built-in 1-step buttonhole along with free arms for versatile projects along with quilting projects.
- You’ll get a built-in reverse lever that lets you sew in reverse to get strong and reinforced stitching.
5. Janome Jem Gold 660 Lightweight Sewing Machine
This lightweight sewing machine by Janome Jem offers versatility and creativity for under 500 dollars. It provides eight built-in sewing stitches that allow you to show your creativity in the quilt. You have two stretch stitches along with four step-buttonhole and utility stitches. To control the stitching, you have a simple-to-use dial on this sewing machine’s side.
It features a convenient stitch panel that shows you the stitches you have. Along with the stitches, it offers a reverse lever that allows you to sew reverse and reinforce the stitching. Moreover, you have a built-in automatic needle threader. Consequently, it takes seconds and less hassle to thread your needle and put less strain on your eyes.
The machine is extremely compact and lightweight. Anyone starting to learn quilting will find it extremely handy and easy to use. You will have a free arm that enables you to use the machine for sewing pants, cuffs, and collars. Also, it features a transparent bobbin cover to show you the remaining thread.
Janome Jem Gold Features
- The Janome Jem sewing machine features eight built-in sewing stitches with buttonholes to show your creativity.
- You can easily see your stitching in a convenient stitch panel and change the stitching with its easy dial on the side.
- It features a reverse lever that allows reverse stitching where its free arm lets you do other projects as well.
- Its built-in automatic needle threader makes the threading easier, and its transparent bobbin ensures full threading all time.
- You have an extremely compact and lightweight design that makes it suitable for beginners.
6. Heureux Sewing Machine Computerized Sewing And Quilting
Next is the Heureux sewing and Quilting, which is a strong candidate for the best mid-priced sewing machine. It comes with a high-power motor that delivers a higher sewing speed for fast working. You have 200 unique built-in stitches that let you create different styles on the quilt. Besides, it offers 8 auto-size buttonholes for even more versatility.
An LCD is there that allows you to select any stitches you want with a single touch. Also, you can see your selection on the screen. With its automatic needle threader, threading the needle becomes extremely easier. It takes a second to thread the needle with its jam-resistant drop-in bobbin. An automatic clutch is there with bobbin winding as well.
You will get a snap-on presser foot that makes different stitching easier. With its portable handle, you can easily carry and move it. You can work at low to no light for its long-life LED light. It has a heavy-duty metal interior frame along with an aluminum alloy bed frame that ensures higher stability and durability.
- It has a powerful motor that generates a higher sewing speed to sew your quilt fast and save your time.
- You have 200 unique built-in stitches and eight auto-size buttonholes to customize the stitching for more versatility.
- The LCD shows all the stitch options and lets you select any stitch you want for your quilting.
- You have an automatic needle threader that makes the threading easier where its LED light allows working in low light.
- It has a heavy-duty metal interior frame and an aluminum alloy bed frame for added stability and durability.
7. Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
If you are after the Best Sewing Machine for Quilting under $500, then you can consider this amazing quilting machine by Brother. It features 60 sewing stitches with decorative stitches and auto-size buttonholes. As a result, creating different stitch designs is easier. You have an LCD that shows the stitching list and allows you to select stitching based on your projects.
It features an advanced automatic needle threader to thread the needle within seconds for less hassle. With its nine presser feet, you can do versatile work with the same machine. Moreover, you have a built-in free arm that lets you use the machine for other projects, including pants, sleeves, and others.
A detachable wide table offers more space for quilting projects. Also, the sewing speed is adjustable, which makes it suitable for both the newbies and experts. Its bright-lit sewing area helps you work in low light as well. You have a hard protective case that prolongs the machine’s durability and ensures better stability when working.
Brother CS6000i Features
- This Brother sewing machine offers 60 sewing stitches and auto-size buttonholes to create various stitching styles.
- You have an LCD that makes it easier to select the stitch and control the sewing speed for more convenience.
- It features a built-in automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin that helps you thread the needle within seconds.
- Its nine presser feet and a built-in free arm allow you to use the machine for different stitching projects.
- You will get a detachable wide table for more space where its hard protective case prolongs durability.
Why Should You Buy a Sewing Machine for Quilting?
A sewing machine designed for quilting offers many benefits that you should know before making a purchase. Here are a few main advantages of a quilt sewing machine.
- A sewing machine for quilting offers versatile stitching options that allow you to create different styles in the quilt.
- Most of the good sewing machines offer large spaces for quilting, making it easier to make a quilt.
- You can do some other projects such as pants, sleeves, collars, and others with this sewing machine using pressure feet.
- Maximum quilt sewing machine offers automatic needle threading that eradicates the need for manual threading.
- You can even do reverse stitching with it that reinforces the stitching and ensures long-lasting stitching.
In summary, a good sewing machine for quilting offers you various benefits to get your quilting project done smoothly. It offers different stitching styles, easy needle threading, and lots of other functions to make your job easier. You can pick the best sewing machine for quilting under $500 from our list above.
If you are not sure to pick the best one, we will suggest you go for the Brother CS6000i Quilting Machine. It offers 60 sewing stitches with auto-size buttonholes and a built-in automatic needle threader. Also, you have an LCD for stitch selection and nine presser feet for versatile projects. It even offers a detachable wide table with adjustable speed control to complete the quilting projects comfortably.