Do you like quilting, dressmaking, crafting, or any other sewing? No matter which one you like, an excellent sewing machine is a must for you. When it comes to sewing machines, Janome will be at the top of the list. Unfortunately, Janome sewing machines are a little bit more expensive than other popular brands which makes them unaffordable for many people.
When you have the experts’ suggestions for the Best Janome Sewing Machine Under $500, it becomes easier to find one. So read this review article until the end thoroughly to find the machine under your budget. Also, this will aid you to make the perfect selection for your particular task.
Table of Content
Are you in a hurry yet desire to perceive the details we have described below? Then check out the section below.
- 6 Best Janome Sewing Machine Under $500 Reviews 2021
- 1. Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine w/Hard Case
- Janome Hd3000 Features
- 2. Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine
- Janome 7330 Features
- 3. Janome 712T Treadle Powered Sewing Machine
- Janome 712T Features
- 4. Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
- Janome HD1000 Features
- 5. Janome 2222 Sewing Machine with Kit
- Janome 2222 Features
- 6. Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- Janome Vs. Brother – Is Janome Better Then Brother?
- How to Use a Janome Sewing Machine?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Advice
We have brought some good Janome sewing machines and compared them for you. Have a look at the comparison chart to make the best decision.
|Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Janome 712T Treadle Powered Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Janome 2222 Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
|Janome 2212 Sewing Machine|| ||Check Price|
6 Best Janome Sewing Machine Under $500 Reviews 2021
The company has a diverse sewing machine lineup with different specifications and various price lines. Finding the Best Janome Sewing Machine Under $500 is not that simple. However, if you have experts’ suggestions in your hand, you can easily pick the right one for your needs. So here are some excellent Janome sewing machine suggestions for you.
1. Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine w/Hard Case
If you’re after the best Janome sewing machine for quilting, then you should consider this HD3000 model from Janome. It offers 18 Built-In Stitches that let you show your creativity in your quilt. Also, choosing the stitch is easier with the selection dial. You can comfortably adjust the length as well as the width of your stitch to add more versatility.
Besides, a simple easy-to-use turn-on dial is there that’ll help you adjust the pressure of your presser foot. It allows you to sew fabrics with different thicknesses and styles. Its free-arm capability lets you sew pants, legs, and sleeves as well. With its reverse stitch lever, you can even sew reverse and make your stitch reinforced. A one-step buttonhole is there, too, for more convenience.
For easy needle threading, it features automatic simple use built-in needle threaders. You can comfortably thread your needle without pressuring the eyes. With its jam-proof bobbin system, changing your bobbin is simple. You can expect higher stability and longer service life for its heavy-duty aluminum body and HD case/cover.
Janome Hd3000 Features
- It offers 18 built-in stitches for creativity and a dial to choose and change the stitches for more versatility.
- You can sew different fabrics with adjustable presser feet where its free arm lets you sew pants and sleeves.
- Its reverse stitch lever ensures reinforced stitching with reverse sewing, and a one-step buttonhole provides more flexibility.
- You have an automatic needle threader that makes the needle threading comfortable and less eye-straining.
- The heavy-duty aluminum construction ensures higher stability, and its hard case prolongs its theitsrability.
2. Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine
Janome 7330 Sewing Machine is an excellent sewing machine for jeans under 500 dollars that you should consider. It offers 30 stitches with an easy-to-use computerized stitch selection that easily lets you create different stitching styles. With its six one-step buttonholes, you can create buttonholes for your jeans. You can even control the speed for effortless maneuvers.
It features a memorized needle stop that lets you keep the needle always up or down. You have a double lift presser foot that allows you to stitch thin to thick fabrics. Moreover, it comes with a built-in needle threader that makes the threading easier than ever. Its auto-declutch bobbin winder makes the thread winding on the bobbin super easier.
You can navigate the functions with its backlit LED screen. Also, you can see your selected stitches and choose anyone you need. Its easy reverse button allows you to sew reverse to fortify the stitch. With its free arm, it lets you sew sleeves and pants as well. Since it is a 110v machine, you can conveniently run it at your home.
Janome 7330 Features
- You have 30 stitches with a backlit LED screen that allows you to choose any stitches to show your creativity.
- It has six one-step buttonholes along with a free arm that makes the machine suitable for different stitching purposes.
- The built-in needle threader makes the needle threading easier to reduce the pressure on your eyes.
- Its doudouble-liftesser foot enables you to work with thicker fabrics, whereas its reverse function allows reverse sewing.
- You have an auto-declutch bobbin winder that makes it easier to wind the thread on the bobbin.
3. Janome 712T Treadle Powered Sewing Machine
This is another good Treadle Powered Sewing Machine by Janome that most beginners will find helpful. It comes with a small collection of 10 stitches that makes it easier to choose one for stitching. You will get a stitch selection dial that lets you select the stitches with one single dial.
With its four-step buttonhole, you can easily create buttonholes for your shirt, jeans, or other purposes. It features a top-loading rotary bobbin that smoothens the operation without any jamming. With its manual thread tension control, threading becomes easier than ever. You don’t require to put much strain on your eyes when threading.
Moreover, you’ve snap-on presser feet that allow you to work with thin to thick fabrics without clogging the machine. With its 5-piece feed dog and drop feed, sewing becomes easier to learn as well. You will get a push-pull bobbin winder that makes the winding comfortable and straightforward. Since it works with treadle foot control, you can work with it without using any electricity.
Janome 712T Features
- You have ten stitches with an easy-to-use stitch selection dial to select the stitch and show your creativity easily.
- It comes with a four-step buttonhole along with snap-on presser feet that enables you to work with different types of fabrics.
- The top-loading full rotary hook bobbin makes the stitching smoother without any fabric jamming.
- You can easily thread your needle and control it properly with its manual thread tension control.
- It requires no electricity to run for treadle foot control, saving a lot of energy bills every year.
4. Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
The Janome HD1000 model is one of the best mid-range sewing machines. You will get all high-class features like an exclusive Janome machine within your budget. It comes with 14 Built-in useful stitches such as utility stitches, stretch stitches, and others. Also, you have a simple-to-use buttonhole that makes it versatile.
With its free arm, you can sew different pants, sleeves, collars, and others for different sewing projects. Besides, it has a drop feed that ensures free-motion sewing to let you sew at any angle. You can sew quilts and other fabrics requiring a difficult sewing angle. Its front-loading bobbins make it easier to thread as well.
The construction is made of cast aluminum thawhichsures higher stability and long service life. Also, it can handle more workload than traditional machines. With its advanced automatic needle threader, you can comfortably thread the needle without putting much strain on your eyes. A soft cover is there for you that protects your machine from dirt and debris as well.
Janome HD1000 Features
- It offers a free arm that lets you work with thicker or thinner fabric for different sewing projects.
- You have 14 useful built-in stitches, including a simple-to-use buttonhole that let you show your creativity.
- It reduces your eye strain when threading the needle with its advanced automatic needle threader.
- You will get a drop feed that provides a free motion function to sew at any angle for versatile fabrics.
- The cast aluminum construction ensures stability, and its soft cover protects it from dirt and debris.
5. Janome 2222 Sewing Machine with Kit
This 2222 model of Janome comes into the market to offer good quality sewing experience for beginners. With its 22 stitch options, you can create different stitching styles easily. You can easily create a buttonhole for your projects with its one-step buttonhole. A free arm is there as well to work with different fabrics.
It features a stitch selection dial that makes it easier to choose any stitch style. You have customized stitch length and width for even more versatility. With its extra-high presser foot, creating different designs with fabrics is not a big deal anymore. Moreover, to reduce the hassle of needle threading, it offers a built-in needle threader.
Besides, you have an automatic thread tension control to smoothly adjust the tension of your thread. With its drop feed, it offers free-motion sewing for difficult sewing angles. Apart from that, it offers a push-pull bobbin winder that makes the winding easier than ever. You can easily move the machine for a lightweight compact design and a crying handle.
Janome 2222 Features
- You can create your own of stitches with its 22 stitch options and create a buttonhole with its one-step buttonhole.
- It features a comfortable stitch selection dial that enables you to choose a stitch and adjust the stitch length and width.
- You can use free motion and complete different projects with different fabrics for its free arm and drop feed.
- It has a built-in needle threader for hassle-free needle threading and an automatic thread tension control for smooth thread tension.
- You have a lightweight design and a carrying handle that allows you to move the machine smoothly.
6. Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
The 2212 model of Janome is a great example of the Best Janome Sewing Machine Under $500. With its powerful motor, you can achieve a maximum speed of 860 spmpmat making your sewing fast. Along with speed, you will get 6 stitches to choose from to show your creativity in the work. Besides, a dial pattern is there that makes it easier to select the stitches.
Moreover, you can adjust the length and width of the stitch to make your stitching more attractive. It features a four-step buttonhole that allows you to create buttonholes easily. Apart from that, you have a free arm that lets you work with different fabrics of different thicknesses. A front panel screen is there as well for more convenience.
The drop feed offers free motion through which you can enjoy sewing at different angles. It is suitable for larger and different projects like quilting. With its lightweight design, you can smoothly use it. In addition, it is designed for beginners that making it incredibly easier to use for everyone.
Janome 2212 Features
- You can sew fast to save time and complete projects more quickly for its maximum speed of 860 stitches per minute.
- It comes with six stitches to choose from and a dial pattern to make the selection easier for versatile stitching.
- You can adjust the length and width of the stitches and create buttonholes for more creativity.
- It has a free arm for different fabric thicknesses and a drop feed for the motion to ensure a different sewing angle.
- You can move it easily and learn the stitching quickly with its lightweight and beginner-friendly design.
Read also related post: Best Sewing Machine For Jeans
Janome Vs. Brother – Is Janome Better Then Brother?
Janome and Brother are the two most popular brands in the modern sewing industry. Both of these brands come with a diverse sewing machine lineup that makes the customer confused to choose one. Also, both brands offer high-quality, feature-rich sewing machines. However, there are some common differences in their specifications and features that you should know to find the best one. So here are those differences.
Quality of stitches
The quality of stitches depends on the tension of the read and the thickness of the fabric you are sewing. Both brands allow you to work with thick fabric like a quilt to thin fabric like silk. Also, both of the brands offer high-quality feed systems, adjustable thread tension, and several stitch options. However, since Janome is more mechanical than Brother, you will get more quality matches from Janome than from Brother.
When it comes to the features of Janome and Brother, both of them offer a wide variety of useful features. However, you can get more features from the Brother sewing machine even in a low-priced one. It offers some useful advanced features for its users that make it suitable for beginners. On the contrary, Janome offers features for more professional work.
You cannot ever complain about the build quality of Janome. Here, Janome is cle winner. Janome always focuses on the build quality of their machine with their quality construction. They use more metal in their machine-building that making it more durable and heavy-duty than Brother. Almost all their sewing machines are capable of handling more workload.
Built-in stitches are important to create different stitches on the fabric and show your creativity. For stitches number, Brother goes ahead from there. In some cases, Brother offers more than 200 built-in stitches. Since you will not use all those stitches, Janome will be better for particular tasks.
Both trends care for their customers and try to manufacture easy-to-use sewing machines. Since Janome is more mechanical and offers high-quality stitching and durability, it is suitable for medium to experts. On the other hand, Brother generally offers less expensive and feature-rich sewing machines for beginners.
How to Use a Janome Sewing Machine?
It does not matter how useful a sewing machine you purchase from Janome is, if you don’t know how to use it, it is worthless. To make your purchase worthy, have a look at the process of using the Janome machine.
The first step to using your Janome machine is to power it up. For that, you need to plug in your sewing machine to your power outlet. In most cases, you will find the cord attached to the foot pedal. Also, find the power button and turn the machine on. However, do not start stitching now, as that may break your needle.
After that, you need to select the stitch. As you already knew that the Janome machine comes with various stitching options, you should choose one. In most of the Janome machines, you will find a dial or digital screen to choose the stitch. Choose one stitch that you want to show on your project.
Thread the machine
Now is the e to thread your sewing machine. We know that threading the machine is the most hassle task in the sewing project. However, most Janome machines come with a built-in needle threader or automatic needle threader that makes it easier to thread. So simply thread the machine and prepare it for sewing. However, be sure to choose a compatible color for threading.
Thread your bobbins
After threading the machine and needle, you need to thread your bobbin. Like the machine threading, you need to use the same color threading as well. In the Janome machine, threading the bobbins is easier for its fast-loading bobbin mechanism.
Finally, you are ready to stitch. To do that, take your position properly and take the fabric you want to sew. If pressure feet are needed to work with the fabric, make sure you use it. themor normal sewings, simply hold the fabric under your needle and start running the machine. You should be careful with your hand since the machine may pull your hand with the fabric during the operation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions to ask? Then you should consider checking the section below for better clarification.
What needles can I use in my Janome Sewing Machine?
Can you use singer needles in a Janome sewing machine?
Can I use metal bobbins in my Janome sewing machine?
Is Janome Made in the USA?
Janome is a popular brand having diverse sewing machine models with different features. Since the price is a little bit higher, finding the Best Janome Sewing Machine Under $500 is somehow tough. That is why our experts have brought some excellent Janome machines within your limited budget with their goods and bad.
All of these sewing machines are good on their own. However, in our opinion, the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine can be the best choice. It offers a powerful motor, six built-in stitches, and a four-step buttonhole for faster and more active stitching. You can also customize the stitching easily. Besides, this one will help you stitch any fabric at any angle to complete your project smoothly and comfortably.